PM- KISAN Scheme
PM- KISAN Scheme
पंतप्रधान किसान योजना संपूर्ण माहिती येथे आहे.
Few important aspects of PM- KISAN Scheme :
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India.
- The Scheme is effective from 1.12.2018.
- Under the Scheme an income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- each every four months.
- Definition of family for the Scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
- The fund is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Farmers covered under the Exclusion Criteria of the Operational Guidelines are not eligible for the benefit of the Scheme.
- For enrollment, the farmer is required to approach the local patwari / revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
- The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorized to do registration of the farmers for the Scheme upon payment of fees.
- Farmers can also do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also edit their names in PM-Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database / card through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also know the status of their payment through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri KIsan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
Below is the important objective of PM- KISAN Scheme
- With a view to augment the income of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs), the Government has launched a new Central Sector Scheme, namely, “Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)” in the current financial year.
- The PM-KISAN scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the SMFs in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of the each crop cycle.
- This would also protect them from falling in the clutches of moneylenders for meeting such expenses and ensure their continuance in the farming activities.
- The Scheme shall be effective from 01.12.2018 for transfer of benefit to eligible beneficiaries.
- The cut-off date for determining the eligibility of beneficiaries, has been kept as 01.02.2019.
- Changes, if any, in the cut-off date for eligibility of benefit under the scheme for next 5 years will only be considered with approval of the Cabinet. However benefit will be allowed on transfer of ownership of cultivable land on account of succession due to death of the landowner.
- Definition of Families
- The SMFs landholder farmer family is defined as “a family comprising of husband, wife and minor children who collectively own cultivable land upto 2 hectare as per land records of the concerned State/UT”.
Basis for Identification
- The number of eligible SMFs under the scheme has been estimated on the basis of projection of Agricultural Census 2015-16 data for 2018-19.
- The projected number of holding of SMFs landholder farmer families for FY 2018-19 is 13.15 crore.
- Due to likely exclusion of certain categories of beneficiaries of higher economic strata, the total number of eligible beneficiaries has been taken as 12.50 crore.
- The existing land-ownership system will be used for identification of beneficiaries for calculation of financial benefit under the scheme.
Scheme Contours and Financial Outlay
- The Scheme to be implemented as Central Sector Scheme with 100% financial support by Government of India (GoI).
- For financial year 2018-19, a budget provision of Rs. 20,000 crore has been kept for disbursal of financial benefit to the eligible landholding SMFs families.
- Similarly, a budgetary provision of Rs. 75,000 crore has been kept in the financial year 2019-20 for disbursal of financial benefits to eligible landholding SMFs families.
Benefit to eligible SMFs
- Under the Scheme, a direct payment of Rs. 6000 per year will be transferred in three equal installments of Rs. 2000 each every four months into the Aadhar ceded bank accounts of eligible landholding SMFs families.
- The first installment for the period 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019, under the scheme will be transferred to the eligible beneficiaries in the current financial year (2018-19) itself. First Installment shall be transferred immediately on identification of the beneficiaries.
- For availing benefits under the scheme, Aadhaar is mandatory. However, in cases, where the beneficiaries at present are not having Aadhar or Aadhar Enrollment number, alternate prescribed documents can be collected for identity verification and transfer of benefit to such farmer families for transfer of 1st installment in 2018-19.
- All such beneficiaries not having Aadhaar card shall have to be compulsorily enrolled under Aadhaar, since transfer of subsequent installments will be done only on basis of Aadhaar seeded data base.
- States/UTs to ensure that there is no duplication of the payment transferred to eligible families. Speedy reconciliation in case of wrong/incomplete bank details of the beneficiary to be ensured.
Monitoring of the Scheme
- For effective review and monitoring of the scheme, a Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) at Central level will be set up in DAC&FW.
- The PMU headed by Chief Executive Officer (CEO), shall also undertake publicity campaign (Information, Education and Communication-IEC).
- A stratified review/monitoring mechanism at National, State and District Level.
- At the National level, there will be a Monitoring Committee headed by Cabinet Secretary. State Govt. shall also notify the Monitoring Committees at the State & the District Level.
- There will be exclusion of certain categories of beneficiaries of higher economic strata which will be separately notified by the Government in due course.